Monday, May 25, 2009

Cardboard Box - Here I Come!

Just got back from my first day at my internship and OH MY GOD, I’m in love. I probably shouldn’t talk in detail about what I’m working on, rights and all that, but let’s just say that I am helping edit and creating character sketches for a screenplay that will soon be pitched to a film studio. And I love it!

The story is wonderful – reminds me strongly of Joyeux Noël which, as a favorite of mine, is a great comparison. It is set on the India-Pakistan border and documents both sides forming friendships during a cease-fire. The characters have a lot of potential to be very interesting and well rounded, and it looks like it will be my job to round them out. Exciting!

I feel like such a dork for being this excited about writing – my heart is literally pounding and I’m grinning like mad and all I did today was stare at a computer screen for 6 hours straight, but I guess that’s a good sign, as I want to be doing this for the next 80 years or so.

So tomorrow I get to go back and work on creating people out of names and ideas, and try to really figure out this story – did I mention that all the dialogue is in Hindi, which I don’t speak? Oh well, lol.

1 comment:

  1. I’m happy for you. And you’re no dork, just a fanatic. I take it that the character sketches are in English?

    ReplyDelete