Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Operation Papaya - fail

Having never eaten fresh papaya before, Dave and I decided to get one over the weekend at the farmers market. I waited patiently until the skin had gone from Wicked Witch green to a mottled yellow, and then skinned and diced it.
Now, as previously stated, I have never before eaten fresh papaya, but I don't think this is what it is supposed to taste like. A friend of mine described papaya as "fucking delicious". I would describe this as being rather like what I would imagine Peter Griffin's ass tastes like.
I had a few bites, from various parts of the fruit, to make sure I hadn't simply gotten a bad bit - I didn't. I will save it until Dave gets back from work to be likewise revolted, and then straight into the bin it will go. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment