Friday, October 10, 2008

Tattoos + Antibiotics = DEATH

So, two weeks ago I was given a rug burn by my boyfriend. No, not like that, we were having a tickle fight in our living room and I got a rug burn on my ankle. Anyway, it was fine for about a week, but then the scab got ripped off and it got infected. Really disgusting - it got swollen and kinda green.

So last Thursday I sat in the Prompt Care unit of the hospital for THREE HOURS so that a woman could look at my ankle for twenty seconds and tell me that it was slightly infected. No shit, Sherlock. Thanks for the insight. That got me a week's worth of antibiotics (which messes with birth control, so no sex for me!) and a nice little copay. The week passed uneventfully, I got through my prescription without a problem, and life was good (though somewhat sexless).
On Yom Kippur, my boyfriend and I went to get tattoos. Mine was on the inside of my forearm, so it hurt a decent amount just getting the tattoo. Now, I did not think ahead of time that having antibiotics in my system would dislike having ink injected into my skin.

Well, it does.

A lot.

I am currently covered in hives, the area around my tattoo is one giant, red, itchy lump and I look more unattractive than I have since I was thirteen.

The moral of the story is: if you are going to inject things into your body, only do one at a time - drugs or ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment