Tuesday, June 14, 2011

8th Annual SouthSide Film Festival

Last week Dave's mom sent me an email with suggestions of things to do in the Allentown area, seeing as I would be there for two weeks while Dave studied for his boards. As it turns out, I started work two days later (a month before I originally thought I was going to) and was not desperate for things to do. However, I was so intrigued by the SouthSide Film Festival website that I made a long list of films I wanted to see. At the top of that list is Tucker and Dale vs Evil, a comedy/horror movie starring Alan Tudyk (who I love) that I have wanted to see since I saw a preview of it almost two years ago.

This is the 8th year the film festival has run, and though I'm not sure how it has run in previous years, this year has a theme of African film. There are a number of feature length and short films from and about Africa, ranging from documentary to sci-fi. I am going to try to see two features and two blocks of short films - that seems ambitious enough. Maybe next year I can plan this out better and see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment