Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Show

Our last performance of The Vagina Monologues was far and away the best - the audience was huge and vocal, we knew our lines perfectly, and there was a ton of energy. I am sad to see it end, but I think the last performance was recorded, so maybe we will get copies to one day traumatize our children with. A bunch of my friends, in addition to my sister and father and Dave were in attendance, and it was a lot of fun to see them all laughing while I stood on stage shouting out euphemisms for vagina.

I will really miss all of the women in the show - a few of them I already knew through classes, but most of them I never would have met if I hadn't been a part of this amazing show. In addition to being incredibly empowering,

How could you not feel powerful when standing on stage in a church, dressed in a corset and shouting 'cunt'?

I became friends with a diverse group of women, who all have their own reasons for being a part of the show, and who all have their own stories to tell. I feel very lucky to have been a part of it, and I only regret that I waited until my last year to participate. Hopefully in the future I will get the chance to do this again.

Also, Saturday was Dave's 23rd birthday, so I made him an awesome cake in addition to shouting 'vagina' in a church in front of a crowd.


Amazing UNE birthday cake

No comments:

Post a Comment